Thursday, March 31, 2011

Let there be light!


Disco anyone? 
Probably one of the last features of the room I should be concerned with...but one that will take some real thought. I read somewhere that a successful lighting scheme, one that meets practical needs and creates atmosphere, plays an important part in establishing the style and character of a room. On the practical side, the right lighting provides illumination for day-to-day tasks. Decorative lighting helps to create an atmosphere, and should complement your color scheme and furnishings. Since I'm right in the middle of selecting a color scheme and creating some furnishings, lighting is something I'm only window shopping for at the moment. Trying to find just the right fixture to inspire the mood for the room and one that will compliment all of the other details that are swimming around in my head is going to be difficult. Not unlike my hunt for an area rug, the choices for lighting appear to be endless!!!

I stumbled upon a few beauties while perusing the web recently. I've often longed for a chandelier in my dining space... not a traditional one dripping with glass crystals draped from ornate brass arms embellished with strings and strings of beading. Just a simple one to add a vibe of girly sophistication. These styles bring together 2 elements I'm drawn to...chandelier and drum shaped shade. Decisions decisions decisions...
black?

 







too contemporary?

white fabric shade + dust =
potentially more to have to
keep up with in my cleaning efforts!



No comments:

Post a Comment