Monday, April 18, 2011

Grape Juice Reflection

And how about the face lift I got??? No, not the real deal (at least not yet…wink wink). I’m talking about the new blog look that is so appropriate I’m at a loss for words. Don’t laugh (that goes for you Uncle Favorite since you did remind me that my blogs were like mini-novels). Thanks to my baby sis for being such a creative inspiration in my life (and for making me a free logo!!!). Check her out at
http://mwj-everythinginbetween.blogspot.com/

Image Source: http://www.zencollegelife.com/lemons-lemonade-and-grape-juice/
Feeling a bit melancholy at the moment and looking for inspiration. Life throws lemons at me sometimes…doesn’t hand them to me but more or less tries to knock me out with a nice violent pitch. I think it happens when I need to look the truth in the eyes and accept it. I’m looking forward to making great grape juice with the lemons from today.

While stumbling around the web for inspiration for my room that is still considered a work-in-progress I found a thought provoking post at www.marcandangel.com. It was a list of 50 questions you must ask yourself to free your mind. I narrowed it down to the top 25 and thought I’d share for those of you who are in need of a little self reflection:
  1. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
  2. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
  3. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
  4. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
  5. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
  6. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
  7. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
  8. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? 
  9. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
  10. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
  11. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
  12. Why are you, you?
  13. What are you most grateful for?
  14. Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
  15. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
  16. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now?
  17. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
  18. If not now, then when?
  19. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
  20. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
  21. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
  22. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
  23. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
  24. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
  25. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?


1 comment: